These need to be accepted to have a happier life:
- You’re not that important – other people are wrapped up in their own lives and they don’t actually care that much.
- Not everyone will like you – life is not a popularity contest.
- You are not defined by what you have – money does matter, but not that much.
- You always have a choice.
- Your feelings are created by your thoughts.
- You are accountable for your actions.
- Your happiness and well-being are not the principal concern of others – you must take care of yourself.
- There is never a perfect time to take action – stop procrastinating.
- Someone else is always better off or worse off than yourself – be compassionate, especially to yourself.
- Fear will always keep you from living deeply and fully.
- Your expectations will always let you down – particularly expectations of others.
- Your life is your responsibility – you are not a helpless victim.